Singapore, the Pacific Island States and Timor-Leste are small island states that share warm and friendly relations.
Singapore has worked with Timor-Leste and the Pacific Island States under the Singapore Cooperation Programme (SCP) to provide technical assistance which focuses and enhances the skills of participants in various fields such as civil aviation, port management and civil service matters. Singapore has also provided customised technical assistance to Timor-Leste and the Pacific Island States, at their request, in specific areas of interest.
- Minister (Foreign Affairs) Dr Vivian Balakrishnan hosted the High-Level Study Visit for the Pacific Island States and Timor-Leste from 7 to 9 February.
- Palau President Tommy E. Remengesau, Jr. visited Singapore from 8 to 11 March, where he met President Dr Tony Tan on 10 March.
- Minister (Foreign Affairs) Dr Vivian Balakrishnan hosted lunch for Pacific Islands and Timor-Leste at the sidelines of the 71st United Nations General Assembly, on 22 September in New York.
- Timor-Leste Prime Minister Rui Araujo was on a stop-over in Singapore on 3 June, during which he met Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong.
- Timor-Leste Foreign Minister Hernani Coelho made an official visit to Singapore from 12 to 14 April.
- A Timor-Leste delegation led by Mentoring Minister Xanana Gusmao visited Singapore from 14 to 15 August.
Last updated: March 2017